Area of Focus
The symposium will bring together a large number of national and international invited experts to present and critique detailed proposals related to the symposium theme. We invite Abstracts for the following two tracks:
Track A: Research in Computing Education. We invite researchers (faculty and PhD students) to submit Abstracts (1,000 word maximum) that describe research in one of the following broad areas:
- Computing education research in India (any education level, from school to higher education).
- Educational Technology research with clear applications to computing education in India (at any level, from school to higher education).
Track B: Innovative Pedagogy for Computing. We invite teaching faculty from Indian institutions teaching computing and related disciplines in all programmes (including B.Tech/BE, BCA, B.Sc./M.Sc, M.Tech/ME and MCA) to submit Abstracts (1,000 word maximum) that clearly describes innovative pedagogy for teaching computing courses. Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Incorporating learner-centric techniques (e.g., active learning) into the classroom.
- Strategies for explaining computing concepts in multiple Indian languages.
- Physical and game-based demonstrations of computing concepts.
- Creative assessment strategies for computing courses
- Rigorous institutional quality-assurance processes (e.g., related to examination design and evaluation)